Friday 4 January 2013

The patient side table


This is the story of a patient bedside table... It belonged to my aunt Porota and since it came to me has been waiting for a makeover in my studio. But the wait is over!

For 10 years we didn't have proper bedside tables, or at least as we wished them to be: as soon as we were married (and for a few years) we had two boxes, then two very economic light tables that I barely painted, for them not to look so basic and now... finally ... two night tables as want them to be.


The colours is not so usual... you are right. But the entire room makes everything harmonise ... or so we think with my husband and we are happy!
I painted with latex in two colors (Cranberry and Ciboulette from Colorin) and waxed it.



in situ

And this is what is around the bedroom...




No, not my authorship. It must be the work of a skilled anonymous craftsman from distant latitudes.


And this is its partner. I painted it before.


Guess which is mine and which my husband's...

No comments:

Post a Comment