Saturday 4 February 2012

A bed for my daughter


I have been working, with some interruptions, in my daughter's new bed. We have recently decorated her room and in the plans I always considered the former bed of my Great-Aunt Porota  as my daughter's bed.  
Sure, it is an old furniture and some work needs to be done, mainly because the bedroom is decorated in whites with some color details.

I'm showing the finished bed, the step by step process and some details (at least what I'm allowed to show!) of her new room. You may
recognize some of the things I have been showing before...


Before

Step by step:

Place it somewhere comfortable. Clean it before start.


Sand. A tip: sandpaper for the flat parts and steel wool for the reliefs


Paint with acrylic or latex paint

  

Once dry, if you want to emphasize the fact that it is an antique furniture, sand a little bit the reliefs.
In case you have noticed, let me clarify ... the hairy hand is from my husband.


Apply Wax (I use paste wax, natural color), allow to dry about 15 minutes (more if the weather is humid) and polish it to get a nice natural shine. In this step we are protecting the furniture and the painting while giving it a natural shine.



Some details of the room. The colored furniture were showed before here and here.




No comments:

Post a Comment