Tuesday 6 September 2011

More recycled furniture

Before the turquoise library, there were other!

A little side table my friend Julia rescued for me... it originally came with a dark painting.
A long time after it came to me, I started painted it. At the time I finished it I was really inspired by the Mexican style, and it all took part of the transformation.


This detail of another old furniture, was given to me by another friend (we have to see each other again Vicky!). It was also painted really dark. I sand it a little bit to clear and see the real wood with steel wood (hope this is how it is said), and highlighted the details with golden and grey wax.
Now is on top of a large window in our dinning room.



And last but not least, a mirror my beloved grandma China gave me. It was all white originally, apparently my aunt Luisa wanted it that way. I sand it, my husband sand it, kids sand it, and I painted with something I made myself: shellac and copper glitter. I varnished it with a mix of shining and matt varnish. This is a detail of it...






1 comment:

  1. Muchos años de vivir en el DF mexicano me ayudan a reconocer sus colores en este mueble hermosísimo. Verdes; azules; ocres y rojos. Muy hermosa mesa. Muy hermosas fotos.

    ReplyDelete